cbs4denver.com - Babysitter: Parrot Saved Girl's Life With Warning: "Reporting
DENVER (CBS4) ― A babysitter's parrot is being credited with helping save the life of a 2-year-old girl who was choking Friday at a Denver area home while the sitter was in the bathroom.
'While I was in the bathroom, Willie (the parrot) started screaming like I'd never heard him scream before and he started flapping his wings,' said Meagan, the babysitter. 'Then he started saying 'mama baby' over and over and over again until I came out and looked at Hannah and Hannah's face was turning blue because she was choking on her pop tart.'
Meagan performed the Heimlich maneuver on Hannah, which stopped the choking."
Thanks to Jeff Segal for the link.